Monday, August 11, 2014
CAMP OLIVAS, CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, PAMPANGA- Following the arrest of 2 CNN members last August 9, 2014 at Sitio Pimma, Brgy TL Padilla, Carranglan,Nueva Ecija, joint elements of 3rd Maneuver Platoon, PPSC –NEPPO, 3rd IB and 71st MICO conducted a follow-up operation against other members of CNN in the mountainous area of Sitio Sapang Bato, Brgy. Fatima, Pantabangan, Nueva Ecija.
Based on reports that reached this Office, in the evening of August 10, 2014, operating troops conducted follow up operations at said place which resulted to the recovery of one M14 rifle with markings US Rifle 7.62 M14 with Serial Number 636893 and 2 magazines loaded with 38 live ammunitions.
Said follow-up operation was launched after a reliable information was received that remnants of CNN operating in said area hid their armaments underground in the height of combat operations by government troops last week.
The recovered rifle was brought at PPSC Headquarters for documentation and disposition.
Meanwhile, continuous follow up operations are still being undertaken by PNP, AFP and Intelligence units for possible recovery of other firearms believed to be left by the remnants of the CNN during pursuit operations.
P/Chief Supt. Raul Petrasanta once again lauded the operating troops and remarked that Police Regional Office 3 will carry on its mandated tasks to enforce the law, place lawless elements behind bars and strengthen its internal security efforts to ensure a safer region to live, work and do business.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this blog do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of "THE CATHOLIC MEDIA NETWORK NEWS ONLINE".