Monday, February 9, 2015
MANILA-Saying he’s raring to go back to work, Senator Jinggoy Ejercito Estrada expressed disappointment today over the Sandiganbayan Fifth Division’s denial of his request to attend the Senate hearing on the bloody Mamasapano encounter.
Estrada, who became known with his tough questioning during investigations particularly during the inquiries on the “pabaon system” in the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the botched NBN-ZTE deal, shared before the reporters that he was actually ready to go to the Senate probe should the court give its approval on his request.
“Akala ko nga, magbibihis na sana ulit ako ng barong. Actually I was already prepared just in case the court will decide that I attend the hearing and I will be given the go signal to attend, preparado na sana ako,” Estrada said.
Last February 4, 2015, Sen. Estrada through his lawyers filed an urgent request before the court to let him participate in the opening of the investigation of the Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs led by Sen. Grace Poe today.
During his previous interviews, Estrada said that like most Filipinos he has many questions in mind which beg direct and immediate answers. When asked on the specific questions he plans to ask, “Unang-una, who ordered, sino ang nag-utos para pasukin ang kuta ng MILF? He should be responsible for the death of the 44 policemen,” Jinggoy said.
“Sana nga, kung maka-appear ako doon sa Senado, magaganda sana ang aking mga tanong. And hopefully, doon sa aking mga tanong we can get to the bottom of this one,” he said.
Estrada said that he had been in detention for more than seven months now, and this predicament has prevented him from fully performing his legislative functions and responsibilities as a duly-elected Senator.
While he noted that he continuously files bills and proposes measures even while in detention, he is currently barred from conducting committee hearings and attending plenary sessions. “My attendance record in our plenary sessions is perfect. I have never been absent. Kaya nami-miss ko na rin ang pagdalo sa session ng Senado. Nami-miss ko na din ang pagdalo, lalo na ang pagtatanong, sa mga resource persons sa mga pagdinig namin sa Senado,” Jinggoy stated.
Sen. Estrada noted that the 90-day preventive suspension has already been served and lifted by the Senate leadership. He further said that it is unconscionable on his part not to do his mandated duties even as he continues receiving his salary as a government official.
“Gusto ko siyempreng mag-trabaho,” he previously answered when he was asked about his intention to conduct labor committee hearings inside Camp Crame.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this blog do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of "THE CATHOLIC MEDIA NETWORK NEWS ONLINE".