Thursday, November 8, 2012

JINGGOY HURT OVER JV’S RIVALRY REMARKS


MANILA, November 8, 2012-This refers to the numerous news reports and articles circulating over the print, broadcast and online media regarding the supposed sibling rivalry between me and San Juan Representative and senatorial aspirant Joseph Victor Ejercito.
 
I have never been a party to what others regard as a sibling rivalry nor considered our relationship as such. I believe that the nature of our tepid relationship is perhaps understandable considering our family’s circumstances. I am very upset and deeply hurt over some of the comments made by him and his efforts to generate publicity over a supposed competition or rivalry between us at my expense.
 
Any statement insinuating hostility much more creating public perception of antagonism stemming from such family setup, between two lawmakers possibly extending to the halls of the Senate is farfetched and very unfortunate. I admit that we may not agree and even argue on some social and political issues – much like the atmosphere in any deliberative body and the current Philippine Senate where free exchange of ideas is not only welcome but absolutely necessary. Again, this does not mean that we have to be at each other’s throat at all times, though it seems that my brother thinks otherwise.
 
If he happens to be elected as a Senator and there comes a time when there is something to point out with respect to legislative work or socio-political concerns, I will carry out the task as a seasoned legislator and as a statesman considering that my brother is a younger colleague.
 
I believe that I have done my best to prove that I can rise above any petty and unjust remarks against me from my own brother. I sincerely hope that as a senatorial aspirant who I look forward to being a colleague in the Senate, he can do the same.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this blog do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of "THE CATHOLIC MEDIA NETWORK NEWS ONLINE".

Should the Philippine government legalize same-sex marriage?