Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Statement of Senate President Franklin M. Drilon on the latest Pulse Asia Survey

I am not surprised by the drop in my approval rating in the latest Pulse Asia Survey since I have been the subject of a vicious media vilification campaign in the past weeks by people intent to muddle the issues behind this pork barrel scandal and divert the public anger from the real culprits of the case.

However, I am confident that after our justice system takes its course; when after a speedy and impartial trial the guilty is punished and imprisoned and the innocent is acquitted, the Senate as an institution will emerge stronger and more credible in the eyes of the Filipino people.

As I have said, this pork barrel controversy is a painful cleansing process for both chambers of Congress and we, in the Senate, intend to go through this process in earnest.  Reforms in the Senate will start with the immediate and unconditional abolition of the pork barrel system.

I said it before and I say it again: the pork barrel scam is a great injustice to the Filipino people and I will not stop until the truth will come out in the Senate investigation and those responsible for corrupt practices will be held accountable for their actions.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this blog do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of "THE CATHOLIC MEDIA NETWORK NEWS ONLINE".

Should the Philippine government legalize same-sex marriage?